Welcome to the 100 TPC Blog!
Sept. 29th, 2018 is the next
Global Event Day!
SIGN UP Here!
Current News & Ongoing Events!
Article in Tallhassee Democrat Features 100TPC Events Around Florida
The tragic events at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School three weeks ago have left Florida and the nation reeling — grieving for the 17 needlessly lost lives, outrage at the gunman or the weapon.
From prayer vigils to demonstrations, and from legislative wrangling to tears, Floridians in particular, have tried to make tangible their feelings. There is one group that may do it best. The Greeks knew it. The Elizabethans did as well. And even today, Poets may have the words that speak for us all.
That is why on March 22 at the Black Dog on the Square from 7-10 p.m., 100 Thousand Poets for Change will present the community’s voice, speaking from the heart in ways not available to a journalist or a lawmaker. Through their poetry, listeners may find revelation and perhaps even an affirmation that our souls remain intact….
Florida, March and April 100 Thousand Poets for Change events for peace, highlighting issues of gun violence & memorial for Parkland.
1) MARCH 13, Coconut Creek, Florida: Laura McDermott, Orange Island Arts Foundation, Executive Director- March 13, 5:30-7:30 PM “Poetry for Parkland: Poetry of Peace”, Auditorium of the North Regional County Library, located on Broward College’s North Campus (1100 Coconut Creek Blvd, Building 62, Coconut Creek, FL 33066). Florida Poet Laureatre Peter Meinke will be participating. For more information contact Laura McDermott, Broward College, Associate Professor of English firstname.lastname@example.org or Secondary Contact: Andrew McFeaters Broward College, Associate Professor of English email@example.com
2) MARCH 14, Miami, Florida: 100 Thousand Poets for Change: SWWIM Against Violence 6:30-7:30 Wynwood Yard March 14. Poets that will be reading with selected students include Michael Hettich, Mia Leonin and Caridad Moro-Gronlier. Students are from Miami Dade College, University of Miami and G. Holmes Braddock High School. Hosted by Catherine Esposito Prescott and Jen Karetnick. Open mic at the end if time. Please come and support. For More Information contact: Jen Karetnick and Catherine Esposito Prescott at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3) MARCH 21, Pensacola, Florida: Organizer: Brett Hutchins- March 21m 6pm-8pm CDT .From the Ground Up Presents “Poems For Parkland” , From The Ground Up Community Garden, 501 North Hayne Street, Pensacola, Florida 32501. In conjunction with 100 Thousand Poets for Change (Official) and in solidarity with March events across the state. Honor World Poetry Day with us in the garden and this open mic poetry event, which encourages individuals to express their feelings about the recent tragedy in Parkland, Florida. Poets are invited on stage to read on our topic “Poems for Parkland.” So grab your chairs, drinks, snacks and listening ears and enjoy this heartfelt evening in the garden. For more information contact. Brett Hutchins, email@example.com.
4) MARCH 22, Tallahassee, Florida: Michael Rothenberg and Terri Carrion, organizers,“A World With Guns: Poems of Protest and Memorial” March 22, 7pm, Black Dog at Railroad Square, Tallahassee, Florida. Open mic and readers signup. For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 305-753-4569
5) MARCH 23, Jacksonville, Florida: Hosted by Keri Foster and Bards and Brews, “Poetry Reading / Verse Against Violence” Friday, March 23 at 10 PM – 12 BABS’ LAB, CoRK Arts District North 603 King St, Jacksonville, Florida 32204 More information: The reading is free but a $5 donation is suggested for the use of BABS’ LAB, CoRK Arts District North. For more information contact Keri Foster, email@example.com
6) MARCH 25, St. Augustine, Florida: Chris Bodor, organizer- Ancient City “Poets for Peace,” March 25 open mic 3 pm Corazon Cinema and Café St. Augustine, FL 32084 For more info contact Chris Bodor firstname.lastname@example.org / www.bodor.org / (904) 501.0043
7) APRIL 7, Orlando, Florida : Organizer: Russ Golata, “Poetry to Stop The Madness,” Orlando Mead Gardens, 1300 S Denning Dr, Winter Park, FL 32789 Sat April 7 at noon. For more information: Russ Golata email@example.com
8.) Tampa, Florida: TBA
Poetry Garden Grows in Malawi!
Florida State University Article!
On September 30th, hundreds of thousands of poets will join together at over 500 events in 100 countries across the globe. One of these events will take place in our own Black Dog on the Square and 621 Gallery, both located in Railroad Square Art Park. This is the 7th annual global event for 100 Thousand Poets for Change, a movement that works with artists to organize events globally in order to promote peace, justice, and sustainability…read more.
100 TPC & World Peace Mural Tour in Tallahassee, FL on the wall @ Yosties Chili Parlor
We are honored to be a part of this amazing project!
The World Peace Mural Tour is a tour and global art campaign that involves the creation of “World Peace” themed murals all over the world.
The intention is to help enact change, through words, and through art.
Would you like to help with the “World Peace Mural Tour?” You can help by providing:
– Cash donations
– A wall in your city
– Lodging in your city
– Paint sponsors
– Local suggestions for food, lodging
– Media contacts (bloggers, reporters, members of print, internet, and television media outlets)
The RESISTANCE POETRY WALL has been opened in response to a call by many for an open and central place to post activist poetry. Poets from around the world are invited to post.
May Day Action in conjuction w/ local organizations
We are a multiracial and multigender group of individuals and organizations, faith communities, labor unions, student workers, transgender workers, immigrant workers, professionals and other allies joining together for a powerful purpose – to share a vision of hope and promote SOLIDARITY and UNITY in our COLLECTIVE FIGHT FOR ECONOMIC JUSTICE.
Creative Bridges Event-Mar. 25th 2017
See all the details on the Agadir EVENT BLOG PAGE
Santa Rosa, CA!
Santa Rosa, CA!
100 TPC is honored to be co-hosting events and working in conjuction with local organizers, poets and activists in Tallahassee, FL for Inauguration week creative actions!
Saturday, 03 December 2016 Belem, Brazil!
100 thousand poets & musicians for change – event of the Amazon 2016
Chester, New York – Oct. 15th Event
Celebrates with 100TPC!
Sunday, Oct. 9th
Ecology of Language
Ecology of the word as harmony for communication
#flood poetry collection
An anthology of poems by 50 poets from Macedonia connected to 100 Thousand Poets for Change and World Union of Poets. This anthology is edited by Mitko Gogov, and focuses on the massive and tragic flooding in Macedonia that took place on August 6th, 2016 in Skopje, the capital city of Macedonia. This rare flood took many lives, destroyed the homes of hundreds of families, and decimated entire portions of the capital city.
Sept. 24th 2016 Event in Montevideo, Uruguay is official!
Invitation to all students between the ages of 13-29
to our Art Engagement Sessions.
9:30-11:30am Poetry & music
12:00-2:00pm Art & Design
9:00-11:00am Mixed Media & Photography
11:30-2:00pm Panel Discussion
A 100TPC event Sunday, Feb. 28th organized by Horiundo Forastereo (Chema), Naucalpan, México with Faruk Buzhala virtual participation in Ferizaj, Kosovo!
View all video on the Event Page
February 21st Kumasi, Ghana
January 26th Genova, Italy!
Reading, concert and day of remembrance- “At the Table with Anne Frank”